Yesterday was CRAZY! I woke up extra early to finish up a project for one of my classes. I think I hit a record - I wrote 8 pages in 1 hour, and had it done before my class at 8! I wasn't even late to class :) At noon I went to work and gave a presentation that I've been working on, basically about how a blog can benefit the company financially. It was so much fun. I just remembered Dad working on all of his presentations over the year and did what I remembered him doing. I did research, I organized my thoughts and made them as simple and clear as possible. Thanks for the example Dad!
So I presented on blogs, and everyone else had a different online feature that they were presenting on. My boss is really trying to use the internet as much as possible. He says that if we just let the internet era pass us by, we'll go out of business. So we're getting online like the rest of the world. Well, the meeting lasted 3 hours, and ended at 5 which is when I'm usually supposed to get off of work, which means that I didn't get ANY of my usual responsibilities done. And our next issue is going to print on Monday and there were a bunch of things that I absolutely HAD to finish by midnight. So I stayed at the office while everyone else went home except for the 2 owners. At about 8 they were getting ready to leave, and they stopped in my office to tell me that they have high hopes for me in the company! They said that they've been impressed by my organization and work ethic and that they hope to have me be big and important :) haha, not those exact words, but that was the jist! They were especially impressed by my willingness to stay and work late on a Friday night. Okay, so I was in the office, on cloud 9, feeling good. I finished all my work just after 8, and went to lock up and set the alarms. Well, the key they left me didn't work... which set off the alarm... which made me panic! I called all of my co-workers and couldn't get the alarm off. I fought with it for half an hour! Haha, so I just hope that the little alarm episode doesn't negate everything nice they said earlier (it really was more dramatic than I'm telling it. I was panicked!!)
COCO KEYS!!!!
15 years ago

1 comment:
A great little story, funny :-).
You must have a really smart dad.
I am sure the alarm thing will not tank your career.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment